Oxfam include LIFESAVER jerrycan in their emergency warehouse stock
In March 2015, the LIFESAVER jerrycan joined the LIFESAVER cube as a stock item as part of Oxfam's Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) equipment provision. The addition of the LIFESAVER jerrycan means our technology plays a crucial part in Oxfam’s WASH provision, adding to £2 million worth of other pre-positioned stock which enables Oxfam to respond to an emergency within 48 hours.
In 2011, as a result of successful field trials in Kenya, Myanmar and Yemen the LIFESAVER cube became the first LIFESAVER stock item, after Oxfam concluded that the cube was a viable and effective method in providing clean water in emergencies where centralised water treatment is not possible. As of today, 720 individual cubes are stocked in Oxfam's warehouse facility at any given time which equates to 3,600,000 million litres of clean water that can be produced instantly without power, chemicals or UV light.
Like the cube, the LIFESAVER jerrycan will further enhance Oxfam's offering for a clean water solution, whether it be for staff to ensure they are always with clean drinking water in the field and during assessments or for beneficiaries in need of a household solution.
What makes the LIFESAVER jerrycan effective in aid scenarios:
- - Holds & stores 18.5 litres of water at each given time
- - 15,000 litres of clean drinking water can be produced per cartridge
- - Logistically favourable option with a pallet of 56 jerrycans capable of supplying 840,000 litres of water
- - Portable clean water solution which can be transported to different locations
- - Provides a family or group of staff (4 people) for 3.5 years
- - Costs less than 1 pence per litre of clean water
- - Dirty water is sealed in the cube preventing contamination and secondary disease spread, e.g Malaria; from mosquitoes attracted to stagnant water
- - Ideal for drinking, preparing food, cleaning, brushing teeth as well as showering (when used with a LIFESAVER shower attachment)