Hepatitis A is a virus that is very small but very dangerous. It can be transferred through contaminated water, and therefore can be passed on to those consuming the water.
How is it passed on?
The virus is excreted by a person carrying it, and if the sewage contaminates the water supply, then the virus is carried in the water until it is consumed by someone else.
What are the Symptoms?
Symptoms such as an inflamed liver, accompanied by lassitude, anorexia, weakness, nausea, fever and jaundice are common. A mild case may only require a week or two of rest, while a severe case can result in liver damage and possible death if it is not treated. In smaller children, this can be potentially fatal more quickly.
Image from:- http://microbiology2009.wikispaces.com/Hepatitis+A
How can we help?
LIFESAVER can help communities, by supplying them with LIFESAVER technology. The technology ensures that all water consumed is filtered and made sterile for drinking, washing and cooking purposes.
LIFESAVER technology is the first and only technology that removes all bacteria, viruses, cysts, parasites, fungi and all other microbiological waterborne pathogens without the aid of any foul tasting chemicals like iodine or chlorine or the need for any power, UV light or the need to hang it up.